CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 5, 2009

I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself...

Okay...first and foremost, I am a girl. Yea yea yea it's obvious thanks to my name and pictures but I just had to throw that out before I begin with the rest of my blog...

Today I decided to do some shopping...nothing major. I was really on the hunt for some new necklaces because I have a few things I got for Christmas that need something extra to spice it up... instead, I bought a stretch bracelet thing and 2 pairs of earrings...1 pair that I've been looking to buy for a while...just never found the price I liked until today. :)
Right next door to this jewelry store happens to be a Mardel. Mardel is mostly known for their Christian/religious items BUT they also sell education decorations and supplies. **I was in heaven!
Not to jump the gun too much I browsed everything and got ideas for what would be good to use for decorations in my classroom next year and then I had to buy something...I just couldn't resist! So...I bought several packets of stickers and some birthday stuff like stickers, certificates, etc. But today in the mail I FINALLY got what I've been waiting for (besides my new ss card). I ordered from VistaPrint custom sticky notes and regular large note pads that have my name and a cute design...I'll try to take a picture because they are too cute!
To back up a few weeks...at Christmas, my grandma got me a small apple decoration to sit on a shelf or my desk that says: "The best teachers teach from the heart"
I also got probably the most sentimental gift for my class from my mother-in-law. When I married Matt, I married in to a family of teachers. My mother-in-law used to be a teacher and so she gave me a red schoolhouse-shaped sign thing that says Mrs. Harbert's Class --it was hers when she was a teacher! It finally made me realize that I am ready for that step in my life. No more school as a student...but as an educator!
I have less than a month until I take my last test and in March, if I pass, I will be ready to be certified! I cannot wait!
Until then...I'll be stocking up on little things here and there to get ready for my classroom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment